Tuesday, September 3, 2013

That Little Voice Gets Really Annoying and Lies!

Jillian kicked my BOOTY twice today, 30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 2 this morning and Biggest Loser Wii Lower Body workout tonight. For as sore as my booty is, I better have a fine&toned back side soon!
Here it is only September 3rd, my body feels like it should be at least mid-September. Its a good feeling once the workout is over but during more times than not its a struggle to push through- not physically, mentally! That inner bum in me likes to say things like: "Just rest. No need to keep going. Eat Cookies. Get on Pinterest. No one is watching just sit there and watch the video but don't do anything". Or when I'm mid circuit and my legs are burning and my heart rate is up, I think "Sitting down not feeling the burn would be nice" but I WONT QUIT. I CANT QUIT. Bristol will be 3 months old in a few weeks, sometimes when I look at myself I still look/feel preggo. The pooch has got to GO! To help keep me motivated and focused on this Biggest Louser Challenge (and getting my pre-Bristol body back) I decided to make a Fitness Calendar.
I  have dedicated Sunday as my day of REST and I have been doing 2 "workouts" a day, usually ends up being about 1 hour of strength/cardio/circuit training.

In the eating portion of this journey, I would say as a family we are doing quite well! As always with Pinterest as my guide I have been able to whip up a weekly meal plan of "Skinny" recipes that my whole family likes! Here is this weeks menu:
Sunday:  Malibu Chicken with Acorn Squash
Monday: Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry --out of the p90x nutrition book!

Tuesday: Pizzadillas with Salad (or leaves as Sawyer calls them)
Wednesday: Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday: Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Salad
Friday: Chicken Taco Chili
Saturday: Skinny Slow Cooker Beef Curry

All work and no play makes me a little crazy so I got my inner crafty Momma on and made a new wreath! I love going down to the Daiso (100Yen Store here, would be like a Dollar Store in the States but much better stuff!!!) After browsing Pins I decided a yarn wreath would be my next décor, so the kids and I watched a movie while I wrapped the noodle.
Then once the kids went to bed I got the hot glue gun out and finished making it pretty. I used and old wood letter from a previous craft project, glued burlap (left overs from my last wreath but it was only 200Yen at Cainz for a HUGE roll I still have lots left!) to the letter, glued on my flowers from the Daiso and BAM a simple and cute wreath to welcome Fall in. Total Cost to make it was only about $6! (Pool Noodle $1, Yarn 100Yen, Flowers 200Yen, Burlap 200Yen) 

 
 I've kept busy the last few days but it that sore feeling means I am making progress. Still need to work on drinking more water but my knee isn't giving me too many issues. Hoping by the end of this week that little voice simmers down and realizes that I am committed to getting fit, I can't keep wearing maternity pants and I'm tired of being flabby!


I wrote it on my calendar and I will leave you with this quote as it has motivated me the past three days:

"The voice in your head that says that you can't do this...
IS A LIAR" 

Until Next Time!
XOXO
Jenn

If you don't already follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jsmith032310

2 comments:

  1. Cute wreath! It's still in the high 90s here so I haven't felt the push for a Fall wreath yet LOL But I may 'borrow' this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my attempt at coaxing Fall in here. It's still hot as h*^# here in some days but thank goodness the humidity is coming down! But now it's Typhoon season lol

      Delete