Thursday, July 10, 2014
Fix Friendly: Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
This recipe makes enough for 4 Fix servings
Each serving is 1 red, 1 green, half a yellow and one blue.
1 lb ground turkey
small handful diced onion
2 cups chopped cabbage
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup no salt added tomato sauce
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash Italian
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Oil an 8x8 pan and set aside.
2. Brown turkey and onion.
3. Once meat is cooked add the spices, tomatoes, and sauce. Simmer 5-10 min until it thickens a little.
4. In a separate pan, sauté cabbage with 1 tsp coconut oil, cook for a few min until half wilted. Set aside.
5. Add the brown rice to the meat mixture and stir well.
6. In your greased pan layer half the cabbage, then half the meat, and repeat.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 25 min.
8. After the 25 min is up, uncover your casserole and top with cheese. Put the casserole back in the oven until the cheese is melted (about 5 more min)
9. Cut your casserole into 4 equal parts and serve!
This was a major hit, both kids devoured it and I felt like I was eating something I wasn't supposed to be! The only thing I might do next time is add another cup of cabbage, if you want ALOT of cabbage add more, just adjust your containers appropriately, (adding another cup to the recipe would make each serving have 1.25 greens)